I love this recipe! Rich in essential fatty acids, low sodium, good protein, an all round amazing and satisfying taste. I love it as a snack or served with a salad as a main meal.
This will make enough for 2 main meals or upto 4 snacks
2 smoked mackerel fillets (or Salmon if preferred)
1 clove of Garlic, minced (or more if preferred!)
2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 a small lemon, juiced and peel grated
2-3 tsp Horseradish
1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper
1. Put all ingredients into a food processor
2. Blend until smooth
3. Put into a container in fridge until ready to use
4. If you want to dress it up a little sprinkle some chopped chives on top or sprinkle with paprika!
How to serve:
* With Ryvita crisp bread as a snack
* With a salad as a main meal
* With a jacket potato, sweet potato is best for you!
* Or as a dip with raw carrots, celery and cucumber
Comments for Mackerel Pate
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Heart Healthy Meal Ideas.