I love this recipe! Rich in essential fatty acids, low sodium, good protein, an all round amazing and satisfying taste. I love it as a snack or served with a salad as a main meal.
This will make enough for 2 main meals or upto 4 snacks
2 smoked mackerel fillets (or Salmon if preferred)
1 clove of Garlic, minced (or more if preferred!)
2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 a small lemon, juiced and peel grated
2-3 tsp Horseradish
1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper
1. Put all ingredients into a food processor
2. Blend until smooth
3. Put into a container in fridge until ready to use
4. If you want to dress it up a little sprinkle some chopped chives on top or sprinkle with paprika!
How to serve:
* With Ryvita crisp bread as a snack
* With a salad as a main meal
* With a jacket potato, sweet potato is best for you!
* Or as a dip with raw carrots, celery and cucumber